We're Going on a Bear Hunt: Bear Paw Biscuits
If you have a little one and haven't heard of 'We're going on a bear hunt!', firstly where have you been? Definitely get the book the kids love it. I haven't met a parent thats little one didn't like it.
Secondly since reading the book we have managed to theme all playtime and other activities around it from trips to the park that become the woods to baking themed around the book.
This is such a simple recipe and you don't need a fancy mixer just a bowl, spoon and a little helper with you.
Ingredients for the brownies:
250g butter at room temp
140g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
chocolate buttons or whole blanched almonds
How to make:
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 (160 fan), line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. separate the egg, add the yolk and the vanilla extract to your mixture. Stir until its all combined.
4. Using your hands, shape the dough into roughly 20 equal-sized balls and squash them down onto baking trays. Add the chocolate buttons or almonds as the bear's claws.
5. Pop them in the oven for 12-15 min then pop on a wire rack to cool when you have taken them out of the oven.