Classic Berry Blondies
So these are pretty simple to make and just look divine! The raspberries keep the cake lovely and moist and they don't last long in our house. So would definitely recommend.
150g Plain flour (sieved)
150g White chocolate
150g Unsalted butter
125g Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
How to make:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180c and line a 30cm square tin with baking parchment and greaseproof the sides.
2. Now pop a glass bowl (Pyrex) over a pan with water on a low-medium heat, place your butter and 100g of the white chocolate within the glass bowl (keep an eye on it and keep stirring throughout).
3. Place your eggs in a bowl and if you have a whisk within your mixer great, otherwise you’ll have to hand whisk, until they become light in colour and fluffy.
4. Check on your butter and chocolate mixture and stir, take this off the heat and let rest if melted through.
5. Add your sugar and vanilla extract to your eggs mixture and whisk until you get a mousse like consistency.
6. Then whisk in your butter and white chocolate into the same bowl.
7. Now very gently fold in your plain flour and baking powder until combined (do not over-mix otherwise you will end up with flat cakes).
8. Pour the mixture into your tin and then simply sprinkle your raspberries and the last bit of white chocolate across the top of the mixture.
9. Pop in the oven for 25 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
10. Leave to rest and then transfer to a cooling rack, if you want to get all fancy sprinkle with a little light dusting of icing sugar.