These are so simple to make and apart from melting the butter at the beginning the rest is simply to mix together, always goes down well. These were really popular at my charity bake sale and you know you are onto a winner when nothing is left!
- 250g unsalted butter
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g plain flour, sifted
- 200g ground almonds
- 200g white chocolate, chopped, plus extra to decorate
- 200g raspberries
You will need:
- a 28x18cm brownie tin, line everything with parchment and butter the sides
How to make:
- Heat the oven to 170C, gas 3. Melt the butter and set aside to cool. Mix with a whisk attachment and whisk the eggs with the sugar until thick and creamy.
- Mix the baking powder, flour and ground almonds until well combined; set aside.
- Alternately fold the ground almond mixture and the melted butter into the egg mixture. Very gently fold in half the white chocolate and half the raspberries then pour into the prepared tin, scatter over the remaining raspberries and white chocolate.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Leave to cool completely in the tin then cut into squares. Drizzle over some melted white chocolate and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.