Healthy Southern Fried Chicken
So was hunting around for new recipes and something quick and easy whilst still delicious and not lacking in any flavour. Spotted this gem on Damn Delicious (I have made note of many more recipes on there too)
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Panko*
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
For the honey mustard glaze
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- To make the honey mustard glaze, whisk together mayonnaise, honey and mustards in a small bowl; set aside.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In another large bowl, combine Panko, paprika and vegetable oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working one at a time, dredge chicken in the flour, dip into the egg mixture, then dredge in the Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Serve immediately with honey mustard glaze, garnished with parsley, if desired.