Blackberry Surprise Muffins
This is lovely recipe I came across in Tesco magazine and was delish, It has there is no butter in the recipe and therefore has a different texture to you usual muffin. Recipe below!
200g Self raising flour
75g porridge rolled oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs beaten
100ml maple syrup
100g greek yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp of semi skimmed milk
1 tbsp of lemon juice
2 tsp of cornflour
60g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c of 160c for fan oven. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Put all the dry ingredients in one bowl and mix well (sift the flour in).
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and then add all the wet ingredients to (using 75ml of maple syrup). Fold in all the wet ingredients to your dry ingredients. Then spoon in your mixture evenly between the 12 cases. Pop this in the oven for 20-25 mins (when a skewer comes out clean).
- Whilst the muffins are baking place your blackberries lemon juice and whats left of the maple syrup to a pan, bring to a light simmer for 5 mins (uncovered). Then puree this mixture in a blender bring back to the pan and sift in your cornflour, keep stirring until thickened (roughly 3 mins).
- Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool in their tin for 10 mins then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled using an apple corer or teaspoon remove the cores of the muffin (about halfway down) reserve this. Fill the muffin with your blackberry puree then press back the cores.
- In a bowl whisk your lemon juice and icing sugar, then drizzle over your muffins.
Now go enjoy and eat!
See below for before and after icing!