Pear and Chocolate pudding Nigella Style
This is so simple and requires no messing around just popping everything in one bowl for a quick blitz then taddah it's all ready, no really it is! Goes down a storm at dinner parties too and with a slab of ice-cream. I nabbed this recipe of good old Nigella and its never failed me.
See the recipe below:
- 2 can of pear halves in juice
- 125 grams plain flour
- 25 grams cocoa powder
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 150 grams soft butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6/400ºF and grease a 22cm / 8 inch square ovenproof dish with butter.
- Drain the pears and arrange them on the base of the dish, my mums better at arranging them than me but i try to create a circle, flower like theme.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blitz until you have a batter with a soft dropping consistency.
- Spread the brown batter over the pears, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let stand out of the oven for 5 or 10 minutes and then cut into slabs - I cut 2 down and 2 across to make 9 slices I always look to serve with a big slab if ice cream.